Kulkea's critically acclaimed heated Thermal Trekker™ is 3 awesome bags in one and 2020 brings a new color!
Hands down the best heated ski boot bag we've ever used. Conduction heating warms boots and gear quicker, won't melt inserts. Not just a hot box; Intuitive Packing System stores and organizes gear and pack is travel friendly.
- Colors:(2) Cool Grey with Black and Orange accents, Cool Grey with Black and Red accents
- Materials: Super durable, water resistant nylons, polyester and PVC free tarpaulin.
- Dimensions: 18”H (boot pockets) x 14.5”W x 20”D.
- Boot Pockets: Ski boots up to Mondo 31 (US Shoe Size -Men’s 13, Women's 14).
- Volume: 62L / 3800 cu in.
Heated Ski Boot Bag Overview
- Heated – Warms boots in 90 minutes for easy on of toasty boots.
- Organized – 9 designated and intuitively located equipment compartments.
- Spacious – Easily stow your boots, helmet and apparel.
- Durable – Built to last with superior materials, stitching and craftsmanship.
- Comfortable – Padded and designed to distribute gear weight for comfort.
- Adjustable – Shoulder straps and waist belt adjust for optimal support and fit.
- Travel Ready – Helmet stows in front pocket. Straps tuck into pack. Fits in many overhead compartments.
- Socially and ethically manufactured.
Ski Boot Bag Features
- Heated Side Boot Pockets – Two contoured, insulated and heated side boot pockets designed for the most effective heating of ski boots.
- 3 Heat Setting Controller – L, M & H settings with max temperature of 140F.
- Dual Plugs – 120V wall plug & 12V (7.5A) automobile plug.
- Central Compartment – Large top loading compartment for ski pants, tops, base layers and gear.
- Wide Mouth Front Pocket – For lunch, water and gear.
- Backpack Grade Support – Padded and contoured adjustable shoulder straps combined with a padded spacer mesh back panel, lifter straps and a sternum strap.
- Travel Straps – Shoulder straps and waist belt easily tuck behind the back panel for airline baggage check.
- Pack Release™ – Dislodge buckles for easy pack removal.
- Goggle Wrap™ – Strategically located, soft material hanging pouch for the ultimate goggle protection.
- ID Panel – Write your name or mark the pack as your own on this designated panel.
- Extended Zipper Pulls – Extended zipper pulls for easy use with gloves.
- Performance Handle – Wide polyurethane wrapped top handle.
- Smart Straps™ – Looped webbing ends for attaching karabiners.
- Stress Reinforcement – Bar tacking on major stress points for added reinforcement.
- Materials – Durable, water-resistance polyurethane coated: 1680D nylon and 600D Kodra and 420D polyester. PVC free Tarpaulin.
- Warranty - Two years.
- Manufactured – Vietnam.
- Manufacturer – Kulkea.
- Free Ground Shipping – to 48 US Contiguous States.
- This Product is only available for sale in the US.
Use & Care
Developed on KULKEA’s Intuitive Packing System™ the Thermal Trekker optimally organizes ski items, including placing one boot in each of the two separate side boot pockets. Boots and apparel are effectively warmed using KULKEA’s Thermal Conduction Design™ that directly transfers heat to both sides and the bottom of each ski boot while also emanating into the central compartment for apparel.
Use & Care Instructions
- Check that the heated pads, sleeves and cords are properly attached to the bag.
- Remove snow and moisture from the outer shell of ski boots and place one boot in each side boot pocket with toes pointing toward the front of the bag.
- Zip boot pockets closed; boot pockets may remain slightly unzipped for ventilation.
- Remove any items that may be sensitive to heat, such as goggles, helmet or leather.
- To warm boots insert AC plug into 120V wall outlet and select designed setting.
- To keep ski boots warm during transit insert DC plug into 12V automobile outlet.
- The heating system is for use only within the Kulkea designated and approved bag and for purposes of warming alpine ski boots and apparel.
- To clean, unplug the bag and allow it to completely cool before hand spot cleaning.
- If wet, allow the bag to ventilate; never put in an electric dryer or use a hand dryer.
- Store the bag in a cool dark and dry place when not in use.
Note: For boots, gear or apparel that may be temperature sensitive, consult the item manufacturer before warming.
Caution: The pack is used for carrying heavy alpine ski gear. Skiing, ski gear and winter conditions are inherently dangerous, and caution must be taken at all times when using this product. Never use this product improperly, too close to property or other people. This pack is designed for use by adults.
AC Plug / 3 Heat Setting Controller
The AC plug has a 3 Heat Settling Controller for warming boots. The settings adjust the wattage and time to generate 140F/60C of heat. The AC plug is connected by an 80” / 203cm cord and is for use indoors only.
Controller Setting Guidance:
- H (160W) – For use between 1-3 hours.
- M (120W) – For use between 3-6 hours.
- L (80W) – For use between 6-8 hours.
Note: The guidance above is subject to surrounding room temperatures and the temperature at which boots are before heating. Do not heat for longer than 8 hours.
The DC plug is for keeping boots warm during automobile transit. Upon arrival at the ski destination, turn-off the automobile and unplug the bag. The 12V DC plug is 90W (Draws 7.5 Amps) and connected by a 65” / 165cm cord.
Note: Use of the DC plug while the motor is not running may deplete the automobile’s battery. To reduce the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning do not use the DC plug while the automobile is stationary.